The thing that stands out to me the most in a book is the characters. If I ever dislike like most of the characters in a book or the main character then I will most likely not enjoy the book. The reason the characters draw me too a book is because of there thoughts and actions. When the main character has a life that's different than my life or something I haven't experienced makes the book more interesting to me. If a character seems like there life is just ordinary and they have no dramatic twist in there life it makes the story boring. That is what makes the a book seem great to me. I mostly enjoy when a book includes many of the characters thoughts. To me reading there thoughts makes you feel like part of there life and like your actually living their life as well.
My favorite character is Lina from the book Between Shades of Gray by: Ruta Septeys. In this book Lina, the main character, has a normal life until Nazis' take her and her family away. It takes place in the holocaust. She had taken her life for granted before that night she was loaded in a trailer and sent away. After that she never had taken everything for granted ever again. She was so thankful for just a potato or some scraps from he garbage. She was my favorite character because she had to pull through so many hard times I can't even imagine. Both her parents died, and some days they never ate. Just the idea of having to go through what she did devastates me. In the end of the book and through out the book she became more thankful and appreciative. Not only that, but she became brave. She never let the Nazis know she was scared and never gave in to what they wanted. She stood strong and I admire her for that. She did things I could never have done in a million years. When everyone thought she would never last and she wasn't brave she proved she had a right to live. That is the reason she is my favorite character because she had done something almost unimaginable.
What a great book - I love Lina's strength. How do you think you and Lina are alike?
ReplyDelete